Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Open Call
The Lindsley F. Kimball Research Institute (LFKRI), located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan in New York City, invites applications for multiple open positions at the level of Postdoctoral Research Fellow.
Several LFKRI Principal Investigators are seeking talented candidates to serve in this role including;
Our faculty members seek highly motivated and exceptionally creative candidates to lead cutting-edge research projects in the field of blood cellular therapy, inflammation and immunology, and hematopoietic stem cell (HSC) biology.
Areas of research focus include:
- basic molecular biology and cellular mechanisms regulating multiple hematopoietic cell types with the ultimate goal of developing new technologies create new or improved clinical therapeutic potential.
- molecular mechanisms of heme and iron-driven toxicity, including inflammation and oxidative stress and the role of detoxification systems in counteracting these effects.
- mechanisms of altered innate immune regulatory networks in chronic inflammatory diseases and development of novel targeted immunotherapies to reverse or treat these conditions.
Successful candidates will:
- join an academic NIH funded research environment with state-of-the-art facilities in one of the most comprehensive blood centers in the world.
- collaborate with a multi-disciplinary group of research scientists, including basic and translational investigators, across the blood center as well as with pharma companies.
- participate in the Research Fellow/Staff Committee offering online career development courses and lectures on topics related to academic success and industry careers, monthly journal club and lecture series by invited speakers.
- Conduct and design independent research under the direction of lab Principal Investigator (PI).
- Perform cell cultures, molecular and biochemical bench work including tissue harvesting, cell processing, histology, omics, flow cytometry, and imaging.
- Animal husbandry.
- Summarize experimental data and assist in drafting figures, results, and methods under the direction of the PI.
- Mentor junior research assistants/technicians/volunteers.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the present scientific literature relating to the research in the laboratory.
- Public presentation of research findings to other members of the scientific community.
- Extremely competitive base salary to qualified candidates commensurate with the qualifications and experience.
- Additional $15K postdoc housing allowance in addition to base salary.
- Assistance with Visa application process.
- Support from LFKRI staff to locate housing opportunities.
- A generous benefits package, including medical/dental/vision insurance, retirement plan, wellness programs,
Individual salary rates are based on the applicant’s Experience Level, as guided by the NIH. Please see the current salary scale for postdoctoral experience levels at the National Institute of Health website.
Ph.D. or M.D. (or equivalent foreign degree) in Biomedical Sciences including in the field of Biochemistry, Cell & Molecular Biology, Genetics, Immunology or Hematology/Oncology are preferred however all relevant degrees will be considered. Candidates with a track record of publication are desired. Ph.D./M.D. degree(s) must be in hand at time of the appointment.
- Letter of application that briefly summarizes your qualifications and interest in the position (required)
- Curriculum vitae (required)
- Contact information of at least 2 references with knowledge of candidate’s career (required before hire).
Postdoctoral Research Fellow Application
All fields required.